Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Song of the Day - Portishead- Deep Water

Ignore the weird video...which is actually kind of awesome and fitting. Pretty great song from the classic "Third," which I've concluded, per today, is a great album for a sunny day.



Mainly I just love and am relating to the poetic lyrics:

I'm drifting in deep waters
Alone with my self doubting again
I try not to struggle this time
For I will weather the storm
I Gotta remember
Don't fight it
Even if I
Don't like it
Somehow turn me around
No matter how far I drift
Deep waters won't scare me tonight

1 comment:

  1. Third is rad. Although, I'm not on board with it being "a great album for a sunny day." Tracks like "Machine Gun" are straight cold and bleak. To each his own, but I think I'll stick to The Bouncing Souls when the clouds part.

    ReplyDelete