Thursday, April 23, 2009

Favorite Albums of All Time: Misfits - Walk Among Us (1982)

Favorite Song: They're all good

Favorite Lyric: "Brains for dinner, Brains for lunch, Brains for breakfast, Brains for brunch, Brains at every single meal, Why cant we have some guts, HEY HEY HEY"

Why?: Maybe its because i've listened to this album a good 20 times in my car over the last few days (it only clocks in at around 25 mins), but every song on this album is golden. Every single song is a sing along anthem, and about the best things you could ask for: zombies, murder, brains, martians, murder, satan...you know, cool shit like that. Few albums get me as amped up as "Walk Among Us," Danzig's voice has the uncanny ability to make me shout at every utterance of the word "oi" or "hey" and pound my fist on anything with in site (frequently the steering wheel). The album itself is a perfect exercise in punk, short sweet and too the fucking point with no bullshit, and when it's over you don't know what hit you, but you have a bloodlust for more. The bands taste for theatrics and schlocky horror and sci-fi are what got me into them the first place, their have been many imitators of the "horror punk" genre but no one will ever be able to touch the success of their style, and dedication to the craft of it, with a ten foot pole.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. It's hard to pick favorites off this one. But if someone held a gun to my head, I'd say "I Turned Into A Martian," "Skulls" and "Astro Zombies" are examples of what makes a great Misfits song: fun lyrics and amazing melodies.

    ReplyDelete