Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Song of the Day: Judas Priest- Hell Patrol

I feel like a fool for ignoring Judas Priest all these years after hearing 1990's "Painkiller" for the first time. I've really just never been a fan of Priest, and have always fallen heavily on the Maiden side of Maiden vs. Priest debacle. But in all honesty, Maiden never did anything this badass. "Painkiller" is an album that just straight up shreds, it's pretty much a thrash record, which kind of blew my mind. Nearly every track on the album is pure gold, but I chose "Hell Patrol" as just a small sample of this glorious piece of art, enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I still hold that Maiden wrote better songs. But when Halford pinches his nuts and screams "Soul Stealers! Ripping out hearts!", it's game-set-match.

    ReplyDelete