Friday, February 13, 2009

Song of the Day: Murder City Devils - Rum to Whiskey

Spencer Moody was far to drunk, drinking his own bottle of whiskey on stage, to sing virtually ANY of the verses to this song at the reunion show at the Showbox last night (Let alone the right words to a number of songs.) He pretty much just jumped right to the chorus and repeated it over and over...I'm not going to try to complain though, the audience (including myself) ate it up. After listening to the band since my junior year of high school, I'm pretty damn ecstatic to have finally seen the crew live, they tore the house down, and I without a doubt will be first in line to get a ticket the NEXT time they decide to reunite. One of Seattle's best contributions to the realm of music, period.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, odds are they will reunite again in some form or fashion. I lucked out and got to see them in 2000 when they played the same venue opening for at the drive-in, but I didn't really listen to MCD much before the show. Then the first time they reunited they played the Capitol Hill Block Party and that was awesome, and really, really crowded.

    You didn't mention the vinyl box set. Did you manage to pick one up?

    ReplyDelete