Friday, February 20, 2009

Song of the Day: Bob Dylan - Desolation Row

It recently came to my attention that My Chemical Romance did a cover of this song to be featured on the "Watchmen" soundtrack...and I want to freaking puke for so many different reasons. It boggles my mind why they didn't use the actual Dylan song for the film, why give the song over to some two-bit emo-goth hacks, whose version is a completely blasphemous 3 minute iteration of the original, nearly 12 minute long epic. The mention of the song in the novel is in fact brief, but it's meaning in relation to it in general is pretty damn cool.

This makes me even more nervous about the "Watchmen" movie than I already. I want it to be good, but my hopes are dwindling. What makes me want to puke even more is the number of kiddies who will eat up this ridiculous cover, and never know the beauty of the original song.

No comments:

Post a Comment