Thursday, April 8, 2010

Gene Clark - 1975

I have a soft spot for just about everyone and everything spawned from seminal 60's icons The Byrds. From David Crosby, to Gram Parsons, and the Flying Burrito Brothers, the rawkus country rock that was produced by these musicians is a guilty pleasure of mine. I blame my father.** Recently I obtained a copy of Gene Clark's (Byrds main songwriter 64' - 66') 1971 solo outing "White Light." The songs are soulful and subtle, like his laid back cover of Dylan and The Band's grandiose "Tears of Rage."

The highlight for me though is this track entitled "1975." Enjoy.

**My father also really likes Jethro Tull, a taste I did not inherit. I bring this up because when I came home from work today he had music blasting from his office. Upon my inquiry as to what the hell he was doing he held up his Rainier Tall Boy (His love hate relationship with the Rainier Company is a story for another day) and said "Drinking beer and listening to Tull!" Needless to say, I could start another blog solely about his antics. They do have some really cool vinyl packaging though:

No comments:

Post a Comment